Shri PEMA KHANDU, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh
Father : Late Dorjee Khandu
Date and place of birth : 21/08/1979 at Gyangkhar village Lemberdung
Marital : Married
Educational Particulars of School/Institution attended:
Govt. Secondary School, Bomba, Tawang 1995
Donyi-Polo Vidya Bhawan, Itanagar, 1997.
Graduated from Hindu College, Delhi University, BA (Hons) History, 2000
Detail of family with names: Wife 2 sons and 2 daughters.
Political and Social Activities: –
- Actively assisted father Late Dorjee Khandu, Former Chief Minister, Arunachal Pradesh since 1998.
- Sworn in as cabinet minister (WRD and tourism) on 20th May, 2011 in Jarbom Gamlin Govt.
- Cabinet Minister for Rural Work and Tourism, since 21st November, 2011 in Nabam Tuki govt. and thereafter for Tourism, Civil Aviation, Art and Culture.
- Inducted as cabinet minister on 1st June, 2014 in Nabam Tuki govt. after general election 2014
- Chief Minister of AP since 17th July, 2016 to till date
- Tribe : Monpa
- Travel : Japan, Thailand, Macau, Sri Lanka, USA, Canada, South Africa, Bhutan and all India.
- Hobbies : Music, Social Service.
- Sports : Football, Cricket, Badminton and Volleyball.
- Special Interests :
- Chairman of Bodhi Language and literature promotional society.
- Conducted plantation drive in Tawang district at various blocks.
- Organized periodical medical camps at various blocks and village in Tawang district.
- Organized educational promotional programmes in Tawang district.
- Patronize talent search among local youths for preserving their traditional songs in entire Tawang and West Kameng district by conducting singing talent shows.
- Organized games and sports in village, block and district level on annual and seasonal basis.
- Champion for civil Army relation through conduct of annual Maitree Diwas.
Vill: Gyangkhar. P.O- Lemberdung, P.S and district-Tawang, (AP.) Wireless station-Tawang (APP)
Present residential address:
DK house, DDK road, near state circuit house, upper ‘C’- Sector, Itanagar, (A.P).
Other information, if any:
- Keen for developing a peaceful and socio-economically vibrant Arunachal Pradesh with cordial relation among tribes of the state.
- Focused on governance related systemic reforms to build a solid bedrock of administration.