Entry Pass Formalities
Arunachal Pradesh being one of the protected states of India, tourists are required to obtain Entry Pass in order to visit any of the places of the state in following ways:
The domestic tourists are provided with Inner Line Permits (ILPs) which may be obtained in following ways:
- From the Resident Commissioner’s Office / Liaison Offices located at New Delhi, Calcutta, Guwahati, Shillong, Dibrugarh, Tezpur, North Lakhimpur, Jorhat.
- From the Office of the Secretary (Political), Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
- From the Office of the Deputy Commissioners / Additional Deputy Commissioners of the respective districts.
The foreign tourists are provided with Protected Area Permit (PAP) or Restricted Area Permit (RAP) which may be obtained in following ways:
- From All India Missions abroad.
- All Foreigners Regional Registration Officers at New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata.
- The Chief Immigration Officer at Chennai.
- Home Ministry, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Home Commissioner, Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Itanagar.
An interested tourist has to reach upto Guwahati (Capital City of Assam) by airways or railways from any of the cities in India. Thereafter, a one needs to opt for any of the routes as below for onward roadways journey to Upper Siang:
Via Pasighat (East Siang)
Both Arunachal Pradesh State Transport (APST) and Private daily bus services are available for journey from Guwahati to Pasighat (Headquarters of East Siang District).
From Pasighat daily APST Bus as well as Private Tata Sumo (Cab) services are available for onward journey to Yingkiong, the headquarters of Upper Siang.
Via Aalo (West Siang)
Both Arunachal Pradesh State Transport (APST) and Private daily bus services are available for journey from Guwahati to Aalo (Headquarters of West Siang District).
From Aalo daily private Tata Sumo (Cab) services are available for onward journey to Yingkiong.
Note:- Roadways journeys via Pasighat or Aalo routes are almost same in terms of distance and fare.
Pawan Hans Helicopter service is available for airways journey to Upper Siang (Yingkiong) via Pasighat. It is available every Wednesday at 10.05 AM (IST). It is 35 Mins journey to Yingkiong.
For contact and other details, please visit Civil Aviation Website.